Monday 28 November 2011

Tag Cards

This tag card was a Design Team project for Cardmaking Paradise. The remit was to use lots of texture. I think I ticked that box! The card measured 19 by 10 cms and stood "A" shaped.

The top part was embossed and then the embossed part was painted over with Fresco paint to give a a shabby appearance. The lower half was stamped and clear embossed before applying wall filler through sequin waste. Distress ink was then applied to this area. I die cut three petal pieces for the flower which I spritzed liberally with water, scrunched up the pieces and then gently opened them up and left to dry over night.


Card Recipe

Card
Xerox Colotech+ Copier card
Tim Holtz Vintage Shabby Paper Stash

Inks/Paints
Distress Inks - Tumbled Glass, Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge
Versamark
Adirondack Pitch Black Pigment Ink
Distress stain - Broken China
Fresco Paint - Ice Blue
Personal Impressions Clear Gloss embossing powder

Stamps
Tim Holtz Papillion set
Hobby Arts CS034D Scene-it Sentinent (CS034D)

Embossing Folders/Dies
Cuttlebug Swirls
Spellbinders Labels 4
Tim Holtz Die - Elegant Flourishes, Tattered Florals

Other
Tando Leaves 2 mask
DIY fine surface filler
Flat back pearls
Ribbon coloured with Distress Stain
Fibres

Following publication of the tag project on Cardmaking Paradise Sara challenged members to make a tag card. Mine was smaller than my Design Team one - this time 7cms by 15cms. The background was the wrinkle free distress technique. I then laid my mask over the top of that and sprayed with water and blotted off excess and dried the tag. However the masked areas didn't show up enough so I put the mask back on but not in the same place and stenciled on some Distress Ink. Now it was much more to my liking.


Card Recipe

Card
Craft Creations Taffeta Smooth White
Anna Marie White Smooth Card

Inks
Distress Inks - Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey, Dried Marigold, Fired Brick, Peeled Paint
Versamark

Stamp
Craft Stamper freebie

Dies
Spellbinders Labels 4
Tim Holtz Elegant Flourishes

Other
Distress Embossing Powder - Peeled Paint
Ribbon coloured with Distress Ink
Flat back pearls
Sentiment computer generated
Brad

2 comments:

Flo said...

Love this one Maggie and all the others too xxx
Flo

Unknown said...

My goodness you have been busy since my last visit

I am totally in awe of your art work and so thrilled that you have a blog