Saturday 31 December 2011

Final post of 2011

While I love stamping there are times when I don't have an appropriate stamp and I use a digital image. At the end of the day it's the outcome that's important so I don't beat myself up about it.
Card Recipe
Craft Creations brown kraft card
Xerox Colortech+
Pink Petticoat digital image
Dusty Concord Distress Ink
Copic marker
Chalks
Heart gems
Flower
Ribbon coloured with Copic marker
Stampendous Crystal Glitter

The image on this next card is a wood mounted B Line stamp (LF127E). It was in a goody bag that I bought from Linda Brown when she was closing down her shop recently. It probably isn't a stamp I would have been drawn to on the shelves but now I've used it I've warmed to her. She lends herself to black and white and luckily I had the papers and ribbon in my stash.

The butterfly easel card has to be my favourite of the templates that Sara at Cardmaking Paradise has published this year. It's so easy to make and can be dressed up or down, but whichever way it looks great.
Card Recipe
Coredinations CoreColor Cardstock - Malaysian Orchid
Crafty Individuals Springtime background papers
Worn Lipstick Distress Ink
Stamens
Flat back pearls
Pen-touch Silver pen

Card Recipe
Pink Card
Bella Press Watermelon Polka Dots background paper
Printed vellum
Brilliance Pearlescent Orchid ink
Stamen
Flat back pearls
Flower stamp - Dimension Fourth
Sentiment computer generated

I cannot believe that it's a year tomorrow since I started this blog. The year has gone faster than any I've known. Surely now I'm retired the days, weeks and months should seem endless. Well they did for the first couple of weeks and then everything gathered speed!
Thank you to everyone who has visited Avoiding the Duster and to those who have left comments. They are much appreciated.
I wish you a very happy, healthy and fun 2012.

Maggie

1 comment:

Marion said...

Lovely cards, Maggie. I especially love the black and white one. Did you know that the lady looks a little like you?!