Tuesday 26 February 2013

Tim Holtz Tag Challenge - February 2013

Yet another month almost behind us and I'm just about in time with my February tag.
.
All I had in my stash was the Fired Brick Distress Stain which resulted in even more improvisation on this months tag. In the end I didn't use the stain because I got a very streaky effect when applied over the Festive Berries Distress Ink that I used as the tag base. Instead I used Fired Brick Distress Ink.

I knew the miniature pack of playing cards I bought in a charity shop would come in useful one day. I photocopied the Queen of Hearts twice, cut out the Queen from one and coloured any white areas with alcohol pen and stuck her on top of her sister for a 3D effect. To say that folding the tissue tape in Tim Holtz style was fiddly would be a gross understatement!

Tim's February tag can be found here and this is mine -


Tag Recipe
Card
White card
Tim Holtz Core'dinations ColorCore card
Inks etc
Distress Inks - Festive Berries, Fired Brick, Frayed Burlap, Walnut Stain
Copics and Promarkers
Black water colour pencil
Other
Photocopies of playing cards 
Butcher's twine
Bottle cap
Glossy Accents
Sentiment and pointing finger computer generated.
Tim Holtz Bingo embossing folder
Tissue tape
Hearts die cut from a recycled envelope 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Had a look at TH's tag and still think yours is far better - don't think I really like TH's very grungy style!! Your tag is much softer but still colourful and love the bottle top addition, also prefer your Queen of Hearts - my DH cursed me for using an old playing card in a craft project!! It was possible to find miniature playing cards in Christmas crackers and I have some somewhere, if only I can find them!!
Lynn xx