Friday 24 May 2013

Week 10 - Craft Barn Alpha Challenge

And breathe! Life is still full on with regular trips down to London but I think the end is in sight with the house almost cleared. Trouble is a lot things especially crafty bits seem to have found their way home with me! Thank you to everyone who left comments for me on Week 9 and it shouldn't be long, with luck and a following wind, before I can go on weekly visits to your blogs to see what you've all been creating.

Week 10 brings the letter K and my chosen word Kindred was dictated by this uninked PaperArtsy stamp in my collection.  Hooray, I'm back on the un-used track! Well, actually, it might have been used before as it was second hand but it hasn't been used by me - until now. I've assumed the kindred spirits pictured in this image are all authors - Ann Bronte, Mary Shelley, Charlotte Bronte, Jane Austen, and Elizabeth Gaskell. If you know better, please let me know.


ATC Recipe
Card/paper
Xerox Colortech+
Tim Holtz Vintage Shabby 
Copier paper
Inks
Victorian Velvet Distress Ink
Cosmic Shimmer Mist Rich Gold
Versafine Onyx Black
Stamp
PaperArtsy - Buttons Plate 4
Other 
Computer generated words - Typewriter font
 

8 comments:

carolfromkiwiland said...

Fantastic ATC.Love the colours and the aged feel you have created.Can't wait to see your next entry.

gardenpinks said...

SO glad to hear that you are almost nearing the end of your marathon Maggie. It must have been very hard for you and your brother.
Love this ATC and the image you chose to use. Fits perfectly :)
Lynn x

Annie said...

Perfect! This looks so cool! I like the simplicity...to me it's almost always more. Well done!

Sandy said...

What a good word and great image to go with it -- In a way, you could say that we all have a kindred spirit!
Sandy

Joan said...

Great atc, love that stamp and the word you chose

Anonymous said...

oh, we have not had that word yet, great choice
Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn
Izzy

Sylvia said...

Fabulous ATC, great word and stamp used to portray it.

Sylv xx

Gio said...

Hello!! Such a beautiful and unusual ATC, Maggie!

Thanks to you for finding the time to sit at my table, I really appreciate :-)