Saturday 22 June 2013

Week 12 - Craft Barn Alpha Challenge

Thank you to everyone who left comments on my Week 11 entry, they are much appreciated. I am determined to look at all your blogs before this challenge ends but life is still full-on. However, if I look intently, I think I can see a chink of light at the end of the tunnel!

This weeks challenge letter is U and there's not a lot of words to choose from! So my word is probably rather predictable - umbrella. I've cheated a bit in my quest to use stamps in my collection that has never seen ink. My new stamp, this time, is one that only joined my collection at the recent Craft Barn Extravaganza and not one that has been forgotten and unloved. It's a PaperArtsy tiny script stamp from their mini series and I think it's going to make an appearance on lots of my backgrounds. I applied Distress Ink to my base card and then misted with water which produced a lovely mottled effect. Dots were made with Fresco paint through a stencil. The umbrella man die-cut was sponged with Black Soot Distress Ink and I covered his umbrella with a piece of scrapbook paper and added raindrops using Glossy Accents.




ATC recipe
Card/Paper
Anna Marie Designs super smooth, super white, printer card
Scrapbook paper
Inks/Paint
Distress Inks - Salty Ocean, Black Soot
Ranger Archival Ink - Jet Black
Fresco Finish - Ice Blue
Stamp
PaperArtsy Mini - MN75
Other
Die Cut - Tim Holtz Umbrella Man
Glossy Accents

10 comments:

gardenpinks said...

Fab ATC, love the background
Lynn x

Sandy said...

Very nice 0- love the rain on the umbrella!
sandy

carolfromkiwiland said...

Lovely ATC.The blue background and raindrops on the brollie are my fav parts.Well Done.

Maggie said...

Ahhh my favourite man on a beautiful ATC lovely :)

MaggieH

Lesley said...

Great ATC, love the background xx

Marion R said...

That mini-script stamp is just perfect for this design. I bought one, too, but haven't used it much so far. I love those rain-drops. Another lovely, thoughtful design.

Marion

Sylvia said...

Back from holiday and catching up with commenting, love umbrella man, this is a wonderful ATC.

Sylv xx

Sylvia said...

Just catching up with my commenting after my hols, fabulous ATC, beautiful colured background and we all love unbrella man.

Sylv xx

Anonymous said...

PErfect! Love the droplets
Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn
Izzy

Gio said...

Love it, Maggie!! Ah the drops are the gorgeous , perfect touch!