Sunday 27 March 2016

The Craft Barn Fortnightly Challenge - Circles

The task set by Jane for the Craft Barn Fortnightly Challenge is to use circles on the background of a project.

As I need a birthday card for a man in the next week or two I used this prompt to get down and make it now rather than the day before it's needed.

I chose three bright Distress Inks to give my card a happy, sunny feel. I stamped the four circle images randomly on a square of card. I die cut a tag, brushed it with ink and stamped the sentiment. The tag was attached to the card with a brad and the square of card then matted onto black card before attaching to the base card.


Card Recipe 
Card
Base card and stamped square - Craftwork Cards
Black card
Inks
Distress Inks - Wilted Violet, Twisted Citron, Ripe Persimmon
Stamps
Circles -Stamp Addicts Grunge 1  SA-6062
Sentiment - Stamp Addicts Dot Happy Birthday SA-7110
Other
Brad

2 comments:

Craftyfield said...

A good theme for a masculine card. Lovely bright and happy colours!

Julia said...

A great idea for a birthday card for a man. Wilted Violet is a lovely purple, I don't have that one in my collection .... yet!