Sunday 28 August 2016

The Craft Barn Fortnightly Challenge - Blue

Good grief, it's only the end of August and I've made a Christmas card! I've had the new Crafty Individuals robin stamp sitting on my desk for a couple weeks waiting to be inked and I decided to team him up with some blue snowflakes. Blue is the the theme of this fortnight's Craft Barn Challenge.

I stamped the snowflakes directly on the card blank using Brilliance ink. The stamp was a freebie from Craft Stamper magazine a few years ago and it has been well used. The robin was watercoloured with Distress Inks before cutting out.  The sentiment was stamped, embossed with silver fine detail powder and matted onto a piece of card that had been edged with the Brilliance ink. I thought the bird needed some Christmas cheer so I gave him a little Hero Arts Santa hat.

One Christmas card down but I have no doubt the rest won't be made until we hit December, as usual!


Card recipe
Card
Craftwork Cards card blank
Anna Marie Designs Super Smooth Printer Card 200gsm
Inks

Brilliance Pearlescent Sky Blue
Memento Tuxedo Black
Versamark
Distress Inks - Frayed Burlap, Barn Door, Dried Marigold
Stamps
Snowflake - Craft Stamper freebie
Robin - Crafty Individuals CI-456
Sentiment - Crafty Individuals CI-142
Hat - Hero Arts B2588 Santa's Hat
Other
Silver fine detail embossing powder
Stampendous Ultra Fine Crystal Glitter





No comments: