Sunday 6 August 2017

The Craft Barn Song Challenge - Summer Holiday

We're going where the sun shines brightly
We're going where the sea is blue
We've seen it in the movies
Now let's see if it's true

Probably not true if you have been holidaying by the sea in the UK during the past few weeks if the weather here in Bedfordshire has been anything to go by - it's been blowing a hooley non-stop with frequent heavy showers to go with it.

"Summer Holiday" is the Song Challenge over at the Craft Barn - a song I'm sure that has been sung millions of the times in the backs of car over the years.  The challenge this time is that the project must only use turquoise, blue, yellow and a hint of magenta (pink).

I've been using postcard size card for this challenge and decided to turn it to landscape this time around. On reflection I could have made a postcard sent from the holiday destination! I started by painting my piece of card with PaperArtsy's (PA) "Caribbean Sea" Fresco Paint. The yellow paint  I wanted to put over the top for the sun's rays was translucent so I painted PA "Snowflake" through the stencil. I then went over it with the yellow paint.

I brushed a piece of card with two different shades of blue Distress Ink and stamped the image over the top.  Using a very light wash of white paint I went over the waves and then coloured the clothing with Copic marker. The other elements were stamped, coloured where necessary and cut out. The postcard was finished with the computer generated song title and artist's name.  


Postcard Recipe
Card
White card 280mic
Anna Marie Designs Super Smooth Printer Card 200gsm
Inks
Versafine - Onyx Black
PaperArtsy Fresco Paints - Caribbean Sea, Snowflake, Yellow Submarine
Distress Inks - Broken China, Salty Ocean, Picked Raspberry
Copic markers
Stamps
Crafty Individuals - CI-284, CI-454, CI- 278 and flags (number unknown)
Other
Song title - Computer generated “Please write me a song” font

2 comments:

Mickie said...

This is a beautiful card - you have made the colours zing! Thank you for entering the Craft Barn Song Challenge xx

Unknown said...

I have just looked through all your posts this year! You are so talented. I love your "take" on all the different challenges