Wednesday 10 October 2012

Chick, Chick, Chick, Chicken........

Sara at Cardmaking Paradise designed a  template for a chicken card. Instead of making a card
I pushed the envelope a bit and created a hanging!
This is my first venture into canvas "paper" and as time was against me I was reluctant to take any chances by adding additional decoration to the background. I feel it could have done with some abstract stamping and stencilling but I'm sure, knowing my luck, it would have all gone pear shaped and I wouldn't have had time to put it right. As the blue was too blue I went over it with a light wash of gesso and that's when I should have done some stamping - between those two layers of paint.




 
Hanging Recipe
Paper
Crawford & Black Canvas
Grey board
Paper Artsy Crackly Tissue Paper
Copier paper
Recycled envelopes
Overton House scrapbooking paper
Paints/Inks
Paper Artsy Fresco Finish  Acrylics - Snowflake, Ice Blue, Inky Pool
Claudine Hellmuth gesso
Old Paper Distress Ink
Archival ink - Jet Balck
Memento - Tuxedo Black
Copic markers
Stamps
Sun - Craft Stamper freebie
Paper Artsy Top & Tails 3 - SITT3
Other
Jump rings
Chain
Text - computer generated 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely way to use the template Maggie! It looks gorgeous! Brilliant! :)

Anonymous said...

Maggie I love your hanging, it is gorgeous and an original way of using the template.
Lynn x

Trudy said...

great fun...love it