Saturday 28 February 2015

The Craft Barn Weekly Challenge - Tando

This weeks Craft Barn challenge is to use something from the Tando range on a project.

As I have lots of cards to make for March birthdays, it's the ideal opportunity to get cracking on them. The Tando flower stencil I've used on my card has seen plenty of action but I can't say the same about the two bags of Tando butterflies that have been in my possession since the Craft Barn Extravaganza two years ago! I'm sure I bought them with a project in mind but whatever that project was the idea drifted from my brain some time ago.

To begin, I applied a background of Distress Inks before brushing around the flower stencil, again with Distress Ink. I had intended the postmark to be at more of an angle and slightly off the top edge but it didn't go to plan and as this was second attempt (I dropped the postmark stamp on my first piece, sadly nowhere near were I wanted it) and was running out of time so it had to do. The butterfly was painted with Fresco paint, stamped and then covered in Fresco Metallic Glaze.

The photograph has distorted the colours somewhat - the butterfly is a paler pink in real life and the background is more orangey than red.


Card Recipe
Card
Craftworkcard Digital Ultra Smooth Premium Cardstock
Bazzill card
Card Blank - Anna Maria Designs, Super Smooth, Super White, Printer Card 300gsm
Inks/Paints
Distress Inks- Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Barn Door, Worn Lipstick
PaperArtsy Fresco Paint - London Bus, Snowflake, Metallic Glaze
Ranger Archival Ink - Watering Can
Stamps
Wishing You - Crafty Individuals CI-410
Postmark - Crafty Individuals
Happy Birthday - Woodware JWS03
Script - PaperArtsy MN44
Trail - 4th Dimension
Other
Tando Butterfly BUTFLYGRB



3 comments:

kaybee said...

Great background, loving that stencil.
I also like the colour palette even if it has come out different! :D

Jane said...

Beautiful Maggie, love the stamping on the butterfly! Thank you for joining in the Tando challenge!
Jane (The Craft Barn) x

Craftyfield said...

Love the soft stencilling as a backdrop to the vibrant butterfly.
It's a lovely birthday card!