Sunday 14 June 2015

The Craft Barn Weekly Challenge - For the Man in your Life

This week's Craft Barn challenge is to make something for the man in your life. You can find the details here.

I made this simple card for my husband's birthday. I started by gluing a mat of Kraft card to my base card. Peacock Feathers Distress Ink was then brushed onto a piece of card and using the same ink I stamped over the background with Indigo Blu's Circle Dot Background. I cut half circles either side of the card before putting a tag on some bakers twine and wrapping it round the card. I saw this idea recently on a blog - I can't remember which one but if it was yours, thank you, it made placement of the twine so much easier. The piece of card was attached  to the base with 3d foam.


Card Recipe
Card 
Anna Maria Designs Super Smooth, Super White, Printer Card 300gsm
Craftwork Cards Digital Ultra Smooth Premium Cardstock 250gsm
Papermania Kraft card
Inks
Peacock Feathers Distress Ink
Ranger archival Jet Black
Stamp
Indigo Blu - Circle Dot Background
Other
Spellbinders tag die
Sentiment computer generated - Typewriter font
Eyelet
Baker's twine

 

3 comments:

Craftyfield said...

Perfect masculine card, geometric motifs, subdued colour scheme, unfussy...

Jane said...

Lovely and simple! Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn challenge.
Jane x

Caroline said...

Thanks so much for visit & comment at my blog, really appreciate you taking the time! It was easy, on seeing your fab card to return the favour. Peacock feathers is my fave ink colour & your background looks superb matted on to Kraft card & using same for tag. Great idea with cutting half circles for twine. I struggle to use twine but will definitely be getting it out again. Wonderful masculine card, just right! Tfs & inspiring. C