Friday 4 March 2016

The Craft Barn Alpha/Dictionary Challenge 2016 - Letter L

This fortnight the spotlight falls on the letter L in the Craft Barn Alpha/Dictioary Challenge and I have chosen the word lace.

I started by punching the holes to lace the ribbon through. They had to be positioned  to one side as that's as far as my hole punch would reach. Although my lace background stamp is quite large I had to stamp the image twice and I then embossed with clear powder. I was left with a join line between the images not helped by the fact that I had managed to turn the stamp around before the second stamping. In order to cover the line I stamped the corset image three times onto card that had been sprayed with Dylusions and then black embossed the image. They covered the flaw perfectly. The eyelets were put in place and the ribbon threaded. My dictionary definition was computer generated and as my chosen word can be a noun or a verb  I have gone with the noun definition otherwise there wouldn't have been any room on my postcard for anything else! I finished the postcard by running a gold pen around the edge.

I have broken one of my own challenge rules with this make - that the postcard could be sent as it is. However, the ribbon may cause havoc in the Royal Mail machinery, so if I did feel the need to post it, it will have to go in an envelope.




Postcard Recipe
Card 
Anna Marie Designs Super Smooth Printer Card 250gsm & 200gsm
Inks/Embossing Powder
Versafine - Satin Red, Onyx Black
Dylusions Ink Spray - Postbox Red
WOW Embossing Powder - Clear Gloss Super Fine WA01SF
Black detail embossing powder
Pen-touch Calligrapher gold pen
Stamps 
Lace - Inkadinkado 603 90355.Y
Corset - maker unknown
Other
Eyelets
Black Ribbon
Computer generated words - Typewriter font



7 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is beautiful. If you had not told me you rotated the stamp, I would never have known. You repaired it flawlessly.

I don't know about the Royal Mail, but in the US, you can pay a small fee for hand stamping, so there would be no need to put the postcard in an envelope. It would make anyone happy who saw it, so hiding this beauty in an envelope would be a real shame.

kaybee said...

Very oh la la! Fab lace stamp.

Craftyfield said...

This worked out exceptionally well... It's a beautiful card and the lace looks awesome!

Annie said...

You illustrated lace in a grand way! Nice save with the stamping seam...I would never have known a thing had you not mentioned it. Adding some actual lacing to the side is a marvelous detail. As Elizabeth said, I would mail this from the US to you without an envelope, so that makes me wonder what your Royal Mail would do with it once it reached their handling of it.

WendyK said...

Fabulous postcard for the challenge. I did lacy, and therefore, love your lace background and laced ribbon.

Scrapmate said...

Love that lace stamp and the join is seamless. I take part in a monthly postcard swap on UK Stampers and don't think you would have problems with Royal Mail. Once in a while something arrives a bit battered but that's the charm of it going through the post naked.

Jane said...

Wow, this is jest beautiful!! Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge!
Jane x