Sunday 21 August 2016

The Craft Barn Alpha/Dictionary Challenge - Letter Z

When playing Scrabble I don't enjoy drawing the letters X or Z and the same goes for the Craft Barn Challenge. It had to happen eventually and this is the week the letter Z has been drawn.

There are not many words in the dictionary to choose from and I have gone with the word zeta - the sixth letter of the Greek alphabet. Zentangle was not a choice as that word has been copyrighted and presumably will not appear in a dictionary. I decided to tangle my background but I certainly didn't get any zen from Zentangling - I found it a very stressful process! I would much rather have pieces of paper that I can move around freely before deciding their finished position.

After drawing the design I computer generated the Z and definition, cut them out and glued them to the postcard. This week the challenge has a twist - add one ore more pearls to the project - so I finished off with three flat back pearls.


Postcard Recipe
Card 
Anna Marie Designs Smooth Stamping Card  300gsm
Anna Marie Designs Super Smooth Printer Card 200gsm
Inks

Sakura Micron Pigma pens
Hickory Smoke Distress Ink
Other
White flat back pearls
Z and dictionary definition - computer generated

8 comments:

gardenpinks said...

I was going to say "great minds think alike" but I went for Zed! Although that is based on Zeta. Great tangling - far better than mine. I don't find it at all easy or restful. Fabulous postcard Maggie x

Anne O said...

What a genius idea! I've just loaded mine - Zebra! and I entangled a zebra print - it didn't even occur to me to pick zentangle. Doh! Lovely submission. Best wishes, Anne

Scrapmate said...

A very striking piece. I'm another one that finds zentangling very stressful. I don't think I could get on with those fiddly colouring books that are all the rage now either.

ionabunny said...

I love scrabble and I love picking the Z, as long as it's not on the last pick and I have lots of vowels. Your tangles are beautiful. Who needs zen. Very striking piece. Hugz

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was THRILLED to read I'm not the only one who does NOT like zentangling, or doodling like that in any fashion. Most people find it relaxing, but I find it stressful because I grip the pen too tightly and can't straighten my fingers after awhile.

I really enjoyed your Zeta, and like you, prefer to move paper and images around on the page until they are where they belong. Love the pearl twist, too. Lovely finish.

Craftyfield said...

I find Zentangle stressing too! But it looks good and you've managed to remember the pearl!

Sybil Grieco said...

Love your page. I am so bad at Zentangling. I'm always so impressed when I see it.

WendyK said...

Fabulous page, I really like entangling, but not very good at it. Zeta was a great word to use.