Saturday 23 July 2011

Alcohol Ink Serendipity

Having watched Andy Skinner’s alcohol ink floating background tutorial I got out my AI’s and had a go and these three pieces were my favourite using this technique. They make me think of a country cottage with chintz curtains and a jug of wildflowers on the table.



Using the pieces to make a tag and a card I wanted the backgrounds to be the star of the show, so have kept the embellishment simple. I’m entering the card in the Craft Barn Alcohol Ink Challenge – this will be the first blog challenge I’ve ever entered.



Card recipe
Inks
Alcohol inks
India Black Ink
Adirondack Lettuce Dye Ink
Worn Lipstick Distress Ink

Stamps
“Yesterday “ - maker unknown
Flowers - Fourth Dimension

Other
Vellum
Craftworks Card Candi
Lace
Raffia



Card recipe
Inks
Alcohol inks
Brilliance Moonlight White
Brilliance Pearlescent Coral
Worn lipstick Distress Ink

Stamp
Free with Craft Stamper April 2011

Other
White detail embossing powder
Leaf ribbon

1 comment:

Marion said...

I love the tag. Beautiful fresh colours. Good luck with the challenge,