Tuesday 12 July 2011

Butterlies are self propelled flowers

I have used the new Beautiful Butterfly template from Cardmaking Paradise for these two butterflies.

For this first one I used Wild Honey Distress Ink (DI) to cover all the sides of my white card. I then applied Spiced Marmalade DI with a small stencil brush around the masks on just the front of the card and followed this by inking around all the edges with Rusty Hinge DI. Finally spraying the front with Cosmic Shimmer.

Card Recipe
Card
Craftworkscards Digital Ultra Smooth Premium Cardstock

Inks
Distress Inks - Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Rusty Hinge

Other
Cosmic Shimmer - Rich Gold
Flat back crystals
Artificial flower stamens

-----
When I went to the Craft Barn Extravaganza recently I took part in a metal workshop with my forum buddies from Craftmaking Paradise. So for the card below I used some of my new found knowledge to decorate the butterfly with metal. Still need lots of practice!

The base colour of the metal was silver which I painted with alcohol inks. Rather difficult to photograph because of the flash bounce back from the metal.


Card Recipe
Card
Craftworkscards Digital Ultra Smooth Premium Cardstock

Distress Inks
Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint, Scattered Straw

Alcohol Inks
Jacquards Pinta Colour - Calabaza Orange, Sunbright Yellow

Other
Artificial flower stamens
Spellbinders Premium Craft Foil
Tando Creative Mask

No comments: