Sunday 29 April 2012

Beginning to catch up

Looking back over the past three months of blog posts you would think I had been twiddling my thumbs and only made three tags and watering can card. Well that's not the case, I've just been lackadaisical in posting. So without further ado and a break from watching yet more rain fall and the grass growing out of control  I will start to bring all my crafting endeavours over the past months up to date.

If you're a crafter where do you start when making a card?  I usually start with the images and let things evolve. The downside of working like that is I often finish up with cards that don't fit in any of my stock of envelopes! With this card I wanted to use some of  the elements from the Crafty Individuals plate CI-335 but after arranging and re-arranging and yet more re-arranging there was no way I could link the images into a pleasing design and finished up ditching the perfume bottles. This was the end result.


Card Recipe
Card
Xerox Colortech +
Pink Bazzill  card
Tim Holtz Vintage Shabby paper
Inks 
Versafine Imperial Purple, Worn Lipstick Distress Ink, Sugar Spun Distress Stain 
Stamps 
Framed Silhouette from Crafty Individuals plate CI-335.
Lace background by Inkadinkado
Other
Tim Holtz Elegant Flourishes die
Brad
Flat back pearls

The next card was much more straight forward (in as much as it all came together well) but it probably took as long to find the right backing paper as it did to actually make the card!


Card Recipe
Card
Anna Marie white smooth card
Xerox Colortech+
Black card
Computer copier card 
K &Co background paper
Stamps
Crafty Individuals CI-302 & CI-329
Inks
Versafine Vintage Sepia
Distress inks - Scattered Straw, Mustard Seed, Frayed Burlap, Broken China, Vintage Photo, Pumice Stone, Old Paper
Other
Lace from The Ribbon Girl
Martha Stewart punch
Flat back pearls


1 comment:

Trudy said...

lovely cards.xx