Sunday 30 December 2012

Tim Holtz Challenge - December

Not one but two tags this month. That's because the 2012 challenge didn't start until February. You can find Tim's tags here.

I've tried to stay as close as I could to Tim's basic designs but this has meant a lot of improvisation throughout the year on my part and this month was certainly no exception.

I don't have any metallic Distress Stains so I used Rangers Gold and Silver Dabbers instead. It didn't mix particularly well with the Distress Stain but did the job. However it does make taking photos difficult.


For this first tag I made my own tissue tape from micropore tape. I printed out some music I found on the net (pity I didn't use a something with more notes rather than "O Come All You Faithful" for the pan pipes!) and laid the tape over one stave and put it through the printer again. You can also make tissue tape by stamping on micropore instead of printing. The tinsel came from a piece which displays our Christmas cards each year - just hope we don't get extra cards next year!!


Card Recipe
Card/Paper
Anna Marie Designs super smooth, super white, printer card
Watercolour paper
Silver card
Tim Holtz "Coredinations" card
Holly sprig from scrapbooking paper
Paints/Inks
Broken China Distress Stain
Adirondack Silver Dabber
Archival Ink Jet Black
Distress Inks - Broken China, Spiced Marmalade, Barn Door, Fired Brick, Black Soot, Vintage Photo
Stamp
Clarity
Dies
Spellbinders snowflake
Cuttlebug Hippie Chick alphabet
Other
Music from internet
Micropore tape
Tinsel
Stampendous crystal glitter
Gem
Seam binding

I didn't have a reindeer charm for my second tag but I did have a Tim Holtz  die-cut reindeer. So I copied it on my printer reducing it by half and printed it onto some card. I then cut out the image - very fiddly - painted it with silver paint and then triple embossed it with clear powder.


Card Recipe
Card/Paper
Anna Marie Designs super smooth, super white printer card
Papermania kraft card
Xerox Colortech+ card
Tim Holtz "Coredinations" card
Old book pages
Paints/Inks
Fired Brick Distress Stain
Adirondack Gold & Silver Dabbers
Jet Black Archival Ink 
Versamark
Distress Inks - Walnut Stain, Fired Brick, Peeled Paint
Stamp
Poinsettia - Stampabilities F1188
Other
Tim Holtz Elegant Flourishes die
Tim Holtz reindeer die-cut reduced on printer
Diamond Stickles
Glossy Accents
Personal Impressions Clear Gloss embossing powder
"Joy" sentiment from internet
Seam binding

I've really enjoyed making the 12 tags of 2012. It's been fun kicking the grey matter into action and working out how to get a similar outcome despite not having all the ingredients that Tim used on his tags. I've learnt some new techniques along the way and reacquainted myself with some long forgotten stash. Do hope that we get to do it all again in 2013.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the two tags Maggie and think you have done extremely well with what you have. They are very close to what TH created. Love all the sparkle and metallic shine.
Lynn xx