Saturday 2 May 2015

The Craft Barn Weekly Challenge - Night & Day

The weekly challenge on the Craft Barn blog is to make the same project twice - one coloured for night-time and the other for daytime. I've chosen to make two simple ATCs. I stamped the flower heads first and then the moon/sun area was masked before applying the Distress Ink background to the card with a brush - in my mind much easier to apply than with a foam pad on the wood applicator. I gave a very light dusting of colour to the moon to take away the starkness of the white card and then coloured the sun before stamping the ducks.
 


 
ATC Recipe
Card
Anna Maria Designs Super Smooth Super White printer Card 300gsm
Inks -Nightime
Weathered Wood Distress Ink
Ranger Archival Jet Black
Memories Dye Ink Pad - Sand
Inks - Daytime
Distress Inks -  Broken China, Peeled Paint, Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade 
Ranger Archival Jet Black
Stamps
Darkroom Door Wildflower DDRS005
Stampscapes - Ducks 023A 

 




 
  


4 comments:

Scrapmate said...

These are lovely - a nice contrast between day and night.

Craftyfield said...

Love your scene! I get the sense of tranquillity of early night and early morning. I have to admit I thought they were trees rather than flowers!

Unknown said...

Works excellently as day and night.

Unknown said...

Beautiful Maggie, I prefer to use a brush too! Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
Jane x