Friday 30 October 2015

The Craft Barn Calendar Challenge - October

Another month, another tag completed for the Craft Barn Calendar Challenge. For the month of October  the colour orange and pumpkins or fruit have to be used.

The leaves here started turning the most glorious colours weeks ago but they have only really started to fall from the trees in earnest in the past few days of wet and windy weather. It does seem to have been a protracted autumn but I'm not complaining! I have therefore taken autumn again as my starting point for my this month's tag.

I started by stamping the image of the pear (I don't have any pumpkin stamps) and then masking it before brushing over the tag with Distress Inks. The script background was stamped with Dried Marigold Distress Ink but the stamp wasn't quite big enough and I finished up with a gap, so infilled it with the little arrows stamp (very useful!). The pear was coloured with Spectrum Noir pencils and the tag completed with computer generated words and seam binding coloured with Distress Ink.



    
Tag Recipe
Card
Anna Marie Designs Smooth Stamping 300gsm
Anna Marie Designs Super Smooth Printer Card 200gsm
Inks 
Memento Tuxedo Black
Distress Inks - Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade, Vintage Photo
Spectrum Noir Pencils
Stamps
Pear - maker unknown
Script - PaperArtsy Backgrounds 6 BG6
Arrows - Kaisercraft Edges CS155
Other
Words - computer generated "Aria  Script SSi"
Seam binding coloured with Distress Inks

5 comments:

Craftyfield said...

The pear looks lovely against the script background! I didn't have a pumpkin either and also used a pear, so glad I wasn't the only one!

TwinkleToes2day said...

Your tag background is excellent; I love the colour, and the pear looks like a fab stamp. :D

Crafty Claire said...

Your tag is really, really lovely. Very elegant xx

Elaine said...

Great tag and I love the overall colour scheme!

Jane said...

What a beautiful tag, thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Calendar Challenge.
Jane x