Thursday 31 December 2015

The Craft Barn Calendar Challenge - December

Surely we can't be at the end of 2015 already! With the end of the year brings the last calendar challenge but before I get on to my December tag I would like to take the opportunity to thank the Craft Barn for this hosting this challenge and also the weekly challenges. I have thoroughly enjoyed taking part and a special thanks to Jane for the work she puts into keeping the blog running and the ideas to challenge us. Thank you also to everyone one who has visited my blog during the year and to those who have left comments - it is very much appreciated. Finally, I wish you all a very happy 2016.

Ok, back to business. The colour silver and a Christmas tree (or more) are to be used somewhere on this month's project. December is always a frantic month - well it is in my disorganised world so I've kept my tag calm and simple. I had some brayered background  left over from my Christmas card making so I stencilled on some snowflakes and then stamped stars in between - they are there but hardly showing even in real life! Then  I stamped the images and embossed in silver before adding some seam binding coloured with Distress Ink.



Tag Recipe
Card
White card
Inks/Paints
PaperArtsy Fresco paints - Ice Blue, Mermaid, Snowflake
Broken China Distress Ink
Versamark
Silver detail embossing powder
Stamps
Crafty Individuals CI-326 & CI-257
Other
Snowflake stencil - Dutch Doobadoo Ice Star
Seam binding coloured with Broken China Distress Ink

And the end of the line - twelve months of tags.



8 comments:

TwinkleToes2day said...

I think your tag calendar is stunning!! What a clever idea you came up with.
I have no idea what I'm going to do with mine now it is finished.
Sending best wishes for a fabulous 2016 to you and your loved ones :D

Craftyfield said...

I love being part of this community striving to produce the "same" pages every month for a year. Such a commitment at the beginning of the year... and yet, at the end, didn't the year pass by quickly and our endeavour is now completed and lovely looking too.
Happy New Year!

kaybee said...

I just love your tag calendar, I think it is a very clever idea, and there is no problem with how to bind it (a problem I have). Happy 2016!

Lesley said...

Great tag, love your idea of a tag calendar! Happy New Year! xx

Crafty Claire said...

Wow! Each one is lovely but they look absolutely stunning altogether. Looking forward to seeing your projects for 2016 xx

Flo Langley said...


Happy New Year! Wishing you and your family all the best for 2016.
What a fabulous idea Maggie. They look wonderful all together.
Flo x

Scrapmate said...

A great calendar and it looks really handy having it in tag form. I love the vibrancy of your tags.

Birgit said...

They are all so beautiful.
Wish you all the best for 2016