Sunday 31 December 2017

The Craft Barn Song Challenge - Driving Home for Christmas

Here we are at the final Craft Barn Challenge of the year. This month's song title is Driving Home for Christmas by Chris Rea and I've taken the line "Top to toe in tailbacks" as my inspiration.

I started the postcard by sticking a piece of an old road atlas of my local area - I'm up at the top - onto a piece of card. I then gave the map and some die-cut trees a watered down wash of gesso. Snowflakes were then stamped over the map and the edges of the postcard sponged with ink. The die-cut trees were glittered with Stickles and glued onto the background. I brushed a die-cut vintage car with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and then stamped it with a PaperArtsy background stamp and embossed it along with the wheels, wheel arches and bumper with copper embossing powder. The car was then cut in half and glued on "bumper to bumper". I finished the postcard with the computer generated song title and artist's name added.


Postcard Recipe
Card/Paper
Card
Part of a road atlas page
Xerox ColorTech+ card 200gsm
Inks/Paints
Claudine Hellmuth Studio Gesso
Brilliance Pearlescent Sky Sky Blue
Ranger Archival Cornflower Blue
Versamark
Stamps
Snowflake - Crafty Individuals  
PaperArtsy Hot Picks HPXT01
Other
Anita's Embossing Powder - Copper 
Die-cuts - vintage car, trees 
Diamond Stickles
Song title - computer generated “Please write me a song” font

My thanks go to the Craft Barn for hosting this challenge through the year and to Karen Gist for her inspirational pieces each month. Also thank you to Mickie for running the blog, to the Design Team who show us some amazing projects and to Sandy, the Craft Barn proprietor, who makes it all possible.

Finally, thank you to everyone one who has visited my blog during this challenge and to those who have left comments - it is very much appreciated. I wish you all a fabulous 2018.



1 comment:

Mickie said...

Thank you Maggie, your card evokes memories of those seemingly endless car journeys we used to undertake! Thank you too for staying with the Song Challenge. Wish you all the best for 2018 xx