Saturday 23 December 2017

The Craft Barn Twelve Month Challenge - December

December and the finale of the Craft Barn Twelve Month Challenge. It certainly has been a challenge some months but it has made me think about what I actually have stashed away in my craft room that was in dire need of an airing.

This month's verse from the poem "The Months" by Sara Coleridge is -

Chill December brings the sleet,
Blazing fires and Christmas treat.

Combining sleet, fires and treats onto one page had me stumped so I've done a bit of lateral thinking. The family are inside the little cottage sitting by a warming fire with lots of treats on a side table - nuts, dates, figs, sugared orange and lemon slices.........oops I've drifted back in time to the Christmas's of my childhood!

I started my page by stamping the background snowflake image with Pearlescent Sky Blue Brilliance ink. This stamp was a freebie with Craft Stamper magazine several years ago and I have used it such a lot - it stamps beautifully. I then stamped the cottage image onto a circle of white card and sponged Broken China Distress Ink around the top edge. The house, trees and snowy bank were glittered before the circle was glued onto the background. The leaves were stamped onto white card and watercoloured using Distress Inks. They were then cut out, given several coats of PaperArtsy Gloss Glaze and glued around the edge of the circle. I finished the page by adding the computer generated verse and sponging around the edge of the page.

  
Page Recipe
Card
Anna Marie Designs High White 300gsm
White card 280mic
Xerox ColorTech+ 250gsm
Inks
Brilliance Pearlescent Sky Blue
Versafine Onyx Black
Memento Tuxedo Black
Distress Ink - Peeled Paint, Pine Needles, Broken China
PaperArtsy Gloss Glaze
Stamps
Cottage - Create-It
Leavers - PaperArtsy JOFY
Snowflake  - Craft Stamper magazine freebie
Other
Verse - computer generated with "Papyrus" font    

My thanks go to the Craft Barn for hosting this challenge and to Claire for her inspirational pieces each month. Thank you also to everyone one who has visited my blog during this challenge and to those who have left comments - it is very much appreciated. Finally, I wish you all a very "Happy Christmas!".
  

4 comments:

Mickie said...

A beautiful card. Thank you for joining in the Craft Barn Month challenge all year. Merry Christmas xx

kaybee said...

That's a cute cottage - can almost feel the heat from that blazing fire!
Happy Christmas.

Julia said...

A lovely December page for the challenge. I hope you had a lovely Christmas and Happy New Year to you x

Lesley said...

Lovely page, the cottage looks nice and cosy! Happy New Year! xx