Sunday 9 August 2015

The Craft Barn Weekly Challenge - Diamonds

This week's Craft Barn challenge is to incorporate diamonds into a project. The details are here.

For some time I have been going to make a folder to keep stamps in. No, not rubber stamps, I would need an awful lot of 5" x 5" folders to house those! This is for our postage stamps.

I thought I would try my hand at the faux leather technique.  I made a few errors along the way but the end result is acceptable even if not perfect. Well, my year's resolution is to learn embrace imperfection. Firstly, I think my card should have been worked more and secondly, the embossing folder I chose was too detailed and so I lost the creases.

Having created my pieces of faux leather (n.b there are diamonds at the bottom of the dry embossing) I glued them onto black card. To make the paper on the inside of the covers I brayered Fresco paints onto a sheet of A4 white card,  stencilled on some diamonds and finished by stamping postal related images. To complete my folder I attached some eyelets to thread the ribbon through and then went over the embossed surface with Treasure Gold (although it is a little shy in my photo!).




Stamp Folder Recipe
Faux leather
Kraft card - Anna Marie Designs
Glycerin
Water
PVC
Card 
Kraft card - Anna Marie Designs
Black card
White card
Inks/Paints
PaperArtsy Fresco paints - Orchid, Very Berry, Nougat
Distress Ink - Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo, Spiced Marmalade, Seedless Preserves
Versafine Vintage Sepia
Treasure Gold - White Fire
Stamps/Stencil
Stamps - Crafty Individuals
Stencil -The Crafter's Workshop - TCW202s Mini Harlequin
Other
Ribbon


2 comments:

Flo Langley said...

Hi Maggie, Sweetie, you are too hard on yourself, this is a wonderful project and really useful!! Love the faux leather effect you have created.
Hugs Flo x

Jane said...

The faux leather looks great, perfect for The Craft Barn Challenge!
Jane x