Saturday 28 November 2015

The Craft Barn Challenge - Snowflakes

Winter arrived in Bedfordshire last weekend making this week's subject for the Craft Barn Challenge calling for snowflakes very apt.

I've made a Christmas card to add to my pile of ........two! I brayered a background PaperArtsy style and added some stencilled snowflakes. To make the branch, I die cut a swirl and chopped off some of the swirls and flower blossom. I covered where the flowers had been with die cut snowflakes. The owl was a left over from my November Craft Barn Calendar Challenge tag and I stamped, coloured and glittered a hat to keep him warm (well an ear, at least). I finished off by adding some glitter to the branch and bling on the snowflakes.


Card recipe
Card
Base card - Craftworks Card
Anna Marie Designs Super Smooth Printer Card 200gsm
Wood effect card
Silver card
Inks/Paints
PaperArtsy Fresco paints - Ice Blue, Mermaid, Snowflake
Distress Inks - Mermaid Lagoon, Cracked Pistachio, Abandoned Coral, Broken China
Copic marker
Stamps
Owl - Craft Stamper freebie
Hat - Hero Arts B2588 Santa's Hat 
Dies
Swirl for branch - Sizzix Bigz Die Corner, Flourish 655962
Snowflakes - Joy vintage Flourishes 6003/0051
Other
Rhinestones
Stampendous multi crystal glitter


4 comments:

Craftyfield said...

You did well to keep your owl as the jaunty hat makes this a fun Christmas card.

Julia said...

This owl is just too cute, I love him.
Julia

buterfliecrafter said...

your 1 ahead on me :-) Love how you rethought that flourish die and the hat on the owl is just fun.Vicky

Jane said...

Lovely wintery card! Hope we get some more snow in time for Christmas! Thank you for entering The Craft Barn Challenge.
Jane x