Friday 15 April 2016

The Craft Barn Alpha/Dictionary Challenge - Letter D

There is a twist in this fortnight's Craft Barn Alpha/Dictionary Challenge with the addition of the colour pink somewhere on our project illustrating a word beginning with D.

I dismissed the word "dance" as I used that in the 2013 Alpha Challenge and chose dog-rose. My chosen stamp also depicts another word starting with D - dragonfly.

Firstly I brayered PaperArtsy Fresco paint on my postcard and stamped leaves around the edge. The Crafty Individuals image was stamped a couple of times on card and a complete one was cut out and coloured with pencils and Distress Ink. I unearthed a box of hardly used Pearl-Ex powders and mixed a green shade with a little with water and Gum Arabic (as a fixative) to paint the dragonfly. It has a lovely delicate shimmer which sadly the scan hasn't picked up.  I cut some of the roses from the other stamped image and coloured those with pencils before adding the computer generated dictionary definition.

 
Postcard Recipe
Card 
Anna Marie Designs Super Smooth Printer Card 250gsm & 200gsm
Inks/Paints
PaperArtsy Fresco - Ice Blue, Very Berry, Snowflake
Pearl-Ex powder - Spring Green #685
Distress Ink - Broken China, Fired Brick
Memento Tuxedo Black
Ranger Archival - Watering Can
Coloursoft pencils
Stamp
Crafty Individuals - Butterfly Mornings and Wildflower Afternoons CI-410
Other 
Computer generated dictionary definition - Typewriter font 

   

9 comments:

Craftyfield said...

Lovely flowers, a lot of work fussy cutting them!

Annie said...

And you started out with "dismissed". Such clever wording for this fortnight. I love your pretty page on dog-rose flowers. And what a bonus of the dragonfly in your dog-rose garden. Clever indeed!

Sybil Grieco said...

Beautiful postcard!

kaybee said...

Just one D word - delightful!

thassos456 said...

Fab card. We used the same dragonfly stamp :) I love that stamp.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I realize I'm late visiting, especially since the Craft Barn has already announced their next letter, but I vowed to visit everyone and even though I'm late, I'm here now. I am SO sorry I wasn't able to visit sooner, since I always look forward to seeing what you create.

I really adored how you took us through the steps you used to create this gorgeous postcard. Don't you wish we could see the shimmer in better detail? I often lament about that, too. However, it doesn't take away from your delightful dragonfly.

Jane said...

This is just beautiful, lovely dog roses! Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
Jane x

Julia said...

That is a delicious painted background and works so well with the dragonfly and dogrose. I like Very Berry a lot but have not used it in a while, lovely card.

Maggie said...

Still playing catch up with my comments. A very pretty postcard Maggie all of your elements go so well together and I love dragonflies and dog roses.
MaggieH