Saturday 9 April 2016

The Craft Barn Fortnightly Challenge - Rabbit and an Oval

The challenge set this fortnight over on the Craft Barn blog is to use a rabbit and an oval on a project.

I have made a whimsical card (well I think it's whimsical!). I may have used some artistic licence as I think the rabbits may in fact be hares but I don't have any rabbit stamps.

As I was playing with my rather neglected and little used Gelli plate the other day for something else I decided to make a background with it for this card. I made a stamp by die cutting some ovals from fun foam which I mounted on a piece of strong card with double sided carpet tape.


I was rather chuffed with the prints I made.


The rabbits were stamped onto card and the words computer generated before cutting out and then lightly brushed over with some Distress Ink to take away the starkness of the white. Then I added a touch of watercolour to the hats and my rabbits were all ready to party.


Card Recipe
Card
Base card - Craftwork Cards
Black card
Recycled white card
Anna Marie Designs Super Smooth Printer Card 200gsm
Inks/Paints
The Works acrylic paint
Ranger Archival Jet Black
Distress Inks -  Old Paper, Mustard Seed
Other
Words - computer generated Segoe Script font

4 comments:

Craftyfield said...

I love your oval stamps, making your own tools is very satisfying... Great background and the sentiment is funny too1

sally said...

I just love the "ears" quote lol

Sally

Jane said...

Fabulous background and I love those words!!! Thank you for entering The Craft Barn Challenge.
Jane x

Lou said...

Thanks for your comment Maggie. You've made such great use of your gelli plate- really effective for creating those eggs. Great fun card! Lou x